Sunday, May 27, 2012

Challenge #44- "The Sweet Life"

I am back to the two-week challenges.  I hope this will give more of you a chance to enter my challenges.  Well, Challenge # 44 has the theme "The Sweet Life".  I know this sounds a little vague, but your creation should be about what makes life sweet to you.

It could be candy and cupcakes.  It could be hitting it big in Vegas; getting a new puppy, or even a walk in a garden.  What makes life sweet?
Vicki
Getting a chance to travel is what makes life sweet to me.  I chose Moth Fab image and the sentiment La Dolce Vita from Stampotique colored her with  Copic markers.  She is on a base of cardstock which had buildngs as the background..  I also stamped additional  travel stamps on the cardstock.  In the corner is a paper flower and some scrolls.
Tricia
Tricia created this "sweet" card with Stampoiques Sunfleur stamp colored with copics. Glimmer Glaze was added to the dress and shoes for a little shimmer. What a cute image to use for a springing card celebrating life. She used a TJ Newsletter technique on the background called "Misted Stencils". The flourish was cut with the cricut and glimmer mists were added. The bow was done with a "bow easy".
Sharon
For my tag I've used "Moth Fab" & the Italian "Sweet Life" Sentiment designs from Stampotique - great images - I had a lot of fun creating with these. My background is the Herringbone Technique which you can find instructions for at Splitcoast Stampers. I've used pink and orange coloured patterned papers and; card and finished off with some matching fibres.
Petra
Sweet Summer Treats
... strawberries, cherries, cupcakes, some sweet tea, ...... let's have a picnic with all our friends from Stampotic. The stamped images are layered on free magazine papers, Bazill Basics and some Kraft Card ... and I did a little bit of machine stitching around the nestabilities label and the paper pieces. Enjoy the picnic!
Valerie
Valerie here. For our challenge this week I have made a card for a little girl, who loves pink, blue and lilac. The background has been embossed with a texture fade folder. The middle panel has been cut with an ancient die, sorry, don't know from whom. I stamped it with the image of the kids and the sentiment, and embossed with Ranger Tinsel EP before colouring with water-colour pencils. I threaded a narrow, pink ribbon through the holes, and added the lilac daisies.


Michele
The collage stamp is from Stampotique by artist Amy Wilson.  I used the "background pop" technique from Technique Junkies.  The outline flower stamp is by Connor's Collectibles.  My card celebrates the sweetness of being a woman.  

 Jenn
And this is Jenn - I made a page in my art journal using Gesso and acrylic paints. I always print/stamp my images and sentiments on copy paper when I do this, as the thinner paper adheres to the page with Mod Podge much better than cardstock.  I used 2 stamps from Stampotique, the character and the dictionary text behind the sun (definition for art), and then I dribbled paint to look like raindrops.
                                      Stampotique Originals - Rubber Stamps, Papers, Crafts

I am so excited to have Stampotique as my sponsor this time,  Their stamps are so original and fun to use.  Stampotique gives us a little info about them below:

STAMPOTIQUE Fine Art Stamps began June 1, 1996, in Phoenix, Arizona, out of the love for rubber stamping and papercrafting. We began as a fine art rubber stamp store and in January 2000, began manufacturing our own rubber stamps. We now ship all over the world, although remaining a ‘mom and pop’ business so that we can still offer full attention to each and every order.

On November 17, 2007, the retail store closed its doors in order to allow us to concentrate on our growing website, both retail and wholesale.

We hope you will find our site inspirational and continue to revisit at your leisure. Our intention is to continuously update with new images, new samples and all the latest and greatest ‘must haves’ of the industry. Feel free to send us your creations and we will post them on the website for the whole world to enjoy..
Stampotique is offering a wonderful prize to the winner which is picked by the random generator..  They are offering a $30 grab bag for Stampotique (stamps only).  Doesn't that sound wonderful?  I wish I could enter..

7 comments:

  1. Great creations from everyone for this new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies, you have outdone yourselves, the creations are absolutely a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely surprise! My entry for the last challenge has won. Thank you very much I am so honoured. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited to share my sweet spot....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great array of creations from the design team, love how different they all are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another great challenge and wonderful inspiration from the dt. I've placed my entry!

    ReplyDelete